Russia was a popular destination for international students right from the Soviet Era to pursue MBBS. According to the "Directory of World Medical Schools" of the World Health Organization (WHO), Russia has almost 30 positions among the top 100 medical universities. Pass-outs from Russian Medical Colleges are currently working around the world in leading hospitals. Because of the heavily subsidised fee from the Russian Ministry of Health & Education, MBBS in Russia is a favoured alternative for international students compared to other western countries.
Why Study in Russia?
- Russia is one of the first choice for MBBS among Indians as it is quite affordable for international students
- No entrance exam and No donation
- Easy Admission Process
- European standard of living
- Medicine tuition fees are low and subsidised and living expenses are affordable compared to other countries in the West.
- With recognitions from WHO and UNESCO, Russian medical degrees are globally renowned.
Eligibility for MBBS in Russia:
- Atleast 17 years of age on or before the date of 31st December in the year of admission.
- For General Category : 50% aggregate marks in Class XII (PCB)
- For Reserved Category: 40% aggregate marks in Class XII (PCB)
- NEET is mandatory.
- Duration of course- 6 years
Tuition Fee for medicine in Russia:
- Average tuition fee ranging between 8L rupees and 18 Lac rupees approx.
- The Russian government subsidises the tuition fees by 80-90% for international medical aspirants, which means they only have to pay 10-20% of the actual cost of medical education.
- Monthly rent- $100-$300 approx.
- Other expenses - $200 approx.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Russia
- Tver State Medical University
- I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Kuban State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Peoples' Friendship University of Russia
- Kursk state medical University
- Kazan state medical university
- Ryazan State Medical University
- Crimea Federal University
- Northern State Medical University
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Perm State Medical University
- OMSK State Medical University
- Syktyvkar State University
- Mari State University
- Altai State Medical University
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Kazan Federal University
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University (RNRMU)
- South Ural State University (School of Medicine)
- Saratov State Medical University